- 20% of all youth in the developing world are not in education, training, or employment.
- 5 million new jobs are needed monthly to keep youth unemployment at its current high rate, twice the adult unemployment rate.
- 65% of the population is under age 35, only 6% of political representatives are under 35
- 43% of the total number of homicides globally occur among youth
- 66% of young people globally do not feel their government cares about what they think
- 34% of new HIV infections globally occur among adolescents ages 15-24 whose HIV/AIDS-related deaths have not declined over the past 15 years
This is a 12 weeks curriculum program geared to train and teach the youths about Entrepreneurship ( How to start their n business. It covers writing business plans; how to discover opportunities, budgeting, sourcing funds, accounting, marketing etc.
At the completion of the course seed money will be offered to some of the youths based on their business plans and they will be paired with a mentor or coach for one year who will guide them through the rigors of starting and running a successful business