Child welfare is a continuum of services designed to ensure that children are safe and that families. have the necessary support to care for their children successfully. CIPDI supports and coordinates services to improve the welfare of a child and prevent child abuse and neglect. We are on the ground during, and after emergencies, working to reach children and families with lifesaving aid and long-term assistance.
CIPDI believes that
- Every child has the right to survive and thrive
- Every child has the right to grow up in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Every child has the right to learn.
- Every girl has the right to fulfil her potential.
- Migrant and displaced children are children first. They have rights and deserve protection.
Nearly 25 years ago, the world made a promise to children: that we would do everything in our power to protect and promote their rights to survive and thrive, to learn and grow, to make their voices heard and to reach their full potential. In spite of the overall gains, there are many children who have fallen even further behind. Old challenges have combined with new problems to deprive many children of their rights and the benefits of development.
To meet these challenges, and to reach those children who are hardest to reach, we need new ways of thinking and new ways of doing – for adults and children.